Monday, October 26, 2009

Stacy Grabbed My Junk And Other Reunion Stories

This past weekend, I went back to Decorah for my 25th high school class reunion. I know. I look too young. I couldn't believe it myself. A lot of people don't look forward to their reunions. We are fortunate to have a really fun class to get together with- and at only 150 in the class, we really know pretty much everyone. I was so proud of myself for staying up until 4 a.m. on Sunday morning. It was almost as good as a parade. So, here are some highlights.


MY HOSTESS
Ruthie was my hostess for the weekend and put me up at her house. You probably all know that Ruthie and I have known each other for almost 40 years after she appeared in the culvert with some Barbie dolls all those years ago. Yes, we played in the ditch and in the culverts in Iowa. As you can see, Ruthie is fun to hang with and I adore her.


RUTHIE AND SONG
Ruthie is prone to singing. She can't help it. She is genetically pre-disposed. Her entire family is inclined to burst into song at the mere suggestion of a lyric. So, Ruthie spent the entire weekend cajoling people to sing with her- Beatles songs, old choir tunes, songs we learned in 1st grade. If she had the chorus and remnants of verses, she burst into song. Here is Ruthie coaching people on old choir songs at the reunion pre-party on Friday night.
Here are Ruthie and Aimie doing a luau number called Hawaiian Rainbows that we learned in elementary school. I'm telling you, it was non-stop and only intensified with alcohol. As a result, Ruthie sang A LOT on Friday night. A LOT.


DIVERSITY

We weren't a terribly diverse class back in Decorah in 1984. Rich above and Shegun- two pictures up- were about it. That's kind of sad when you think about how white the town was. Before Rich and Shegun, the only diversity we had was between the blond and brown haired Norwegians. *sigh* We had some other diversity that emerged later- me and a lesbian- but that doesn't count because we weren't out then. We only had 50% representation from the homo camp. However, one classmate's wife could have easily stood in for a lesbian. She's, well, a little, you know... butch. And she smelled like Old Spice. Okay. She didn't smell like Old Spice. I'm making that up.

MY JUNK GOT GRABBED
You can probably tell just from this picture that Stacy (left) has a lot of fun potential. Saturday night, Stacy was having a lot of fun mixed with a little alcohol. Much dancing and merriment ensued. During my moving group karaoke rendition of Like a Virgin, Stacy joined us on the stage and grabbed my genitals briefly with her right hand. It was only a split second, but enough for me to need therapy for the next several years. Stacy, if you're reading this, wash your hands and know that I still think you're a ball- just don't grab at mine any more. Alright?


DIRTY DANCING
Since my personal safety and decades long friendship would be in jeopardy for posting this picture, I have decided to protect the identity of this woman. This display was a reenactment attempt of the Dance of The Virgin to try to seduce her husband to take the dance floor. Sadly, the steps had long since been forgotten and said husband remained in his chair.

ASS TATTOO- THE SEQUEL
Lisa showed me her ass tattoo again. And for the second reunion in a row, I took a picture of it. Here it is. Your ass is just as nice five years later, dear.



AGE DEFYING MAKEUP
Is it just me, or do we look GREAT? My pal Suzette, on the right, and I sat around marvelling at how good we look for all being 43 or 44. It's true. Aimie even got called a MILF by some college boys. Even though there is some hair missing or a few pounds thrown on here and there, we all looked really good for our age. Best of all, we still know how to have fun together.
TEA BAGGERS
I discovered early in the weekend that not many people knew what the term tea bagging is. So, I entertained myself by asking people I suspected of being conservative if they enjoyed the Glenn Beck tea bagging parties. Oh, how I amuse myself.

6 comments:

Mnmom said...

Wish I had crashed your party. Our 25th was a ball. Everyone was SOOOO over themselves. Only 2 homos in the class of 1984? Statistics say there are at least 15 of you. Wonder who the others are?

I taught Ruthie everything she knows. Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.

kirelimel said...

Looks like great fun- wish I'd pretended to be from Decorah, my Rochester class is too big and too pleh to be any fun.

Melinda June said...

I can't wait to hear the not-for-publishing stories. And I want you to name names of the folks you nailed with the tea bagging joke.

Cheesecake Maven said...

Looks like a GREAT time was had by all! Hope to see you next time you're in town!

YOU DO ALL LOOK GREAT AND YOUNG!

themom said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! I have my 40th next summer...arghhh! I will go, but I get upset at how old those others look! there were over 1200 in my graduating class...so it's always interesting.

Coaster Punchman said...

Ruthie and I had a lovely chat at a not so lovely event (Barb H's funeral) a few weeks back. Tell her hello from me.