MNMom has initiated one of these things. Is it a meme? I never really knew what that was, even when they were popular. Here it is:
1. Name one book that has really stuck with you.
To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf. I love Virginia Woolf and the sort of warm soulful, sorrowful way her worlds shift focus. The reason this stuck with me is that it is the first book that brought me to tears. I was reading a section of the book called Time Passes and came across this sentence- "Mr. Ramsay, stumbling along a passage one dark morning, stretched his arms out, but Mrs. Ramsay having died rather suddenly the night before, his arms, though stretched out, remained empty." In the context of the book it was such a simple and beautiful image. I cried for about a half hour.
2. Name one non-family adult who influenced you for the better.
A high school teacher, Mrs. Friest, was always so sweet with me and had a great sense of humor. I credit her with saving my life at a really low point. She was also just a kick ass teacher.
3. Name one really great thing about today's teens.
I love that most teenagers I know are not obsessed with serious relationships like teens were when I was younger. They seem to have real boy-girl friendships which has to bode well for their future relationships.
4. If Barack Obama dropped out of the race today, who should be the Democratic nominee?
There are days I wish he would. I still think Hillary would rock the White House.
5. What would YOU do about Libya?
Give their fugly ass leader a makeover.
6. The perfect Spring Vacation would be:
Mexico, beach, kindle, frozen limonada.
7. You win $50,000 to spend on your house. What do you do?
Remodel our 1950's bathroom sensibly then pay down the mortgage.
8. You win another $50,000 but you have to give it away. What do you do?
Kirelimel gave it to MNMom, so I'm going to donate it to Habitat for Humanity in El Salvador. One habitat house down there is $7000. So this would buy 7 houses and some beer for the workers.
9. Your worst guilty pleasure(s) is:
RuPaul's Drag Race.
10. You HAVE to go back to school. What do you study/earn?
Geez. I've debated going back for years, but have no idea what I want to do. I don't have a ton of respect for the MBA, but would probably get one with an emphasis on information systems BOOOORING.