1. A couple of weeks back, a Dead or Alive song came on the radio during which Curt and I pondered what ever became of the lead singer. He was sort of freaky sexy and a little androgynous in way that made us both kind of curious about him.
Here he was then:
Well, folks, brace yourselves. Here he is now:
I guess we can't really call him androgynous any more, can we? I wonder if he can still sing.
2. So, Republicans are going after President Obama for appearing not to respond to the BP sponsored oil disaster quickly enough. This is their version of payback for the criticism of the Bush administration for shopping for shoes during Hurricane Katrina. Well, let's be clear about something shall we? Hurricane Katrina was a devastating natural disaster for which the ONLY response was to begin mobilizing relief and rescue when you could see the damn thing bearing down on New Orleans on radar for several days prior to the actual event. The BP oil spill is a BUSINESS DISASTER that is quickly becoming an environmental and economic disaster. The correct response on the part of BP is first to tell the truth about the severity of the spill, second to be really, really, really contrite about having NO acceptable level of preparation for an event of this kind and third quit sending around your flunkies with offers of checks for $5000 to fishing boat owners if they sign away their right to sue. Now Republicans think the government should bear the responsibility for this business disaster? Are you fecking kidding me?
3. One word to the guy in the 5th floor men's room (the most disgusting place on earth next to the restroom at Godfather's Pizza in Golden Valley) who was making some serious grunting noise today: FIBER.
4. To the woman who stopped the salad bar line twice today to hold impromptu meeting scheduling sessions with your sycophantic interns who just don't know better: Next time, lady, you get whacked with the tongs. I mean it.
5. The amazing Mr. John is mid-stream on the cabin remodeling and I can barely contain my excitement. We're going up this weekend to paint the kitchen and fill up the new cabinets. Our first guest of honor this year will be..... Ruthie! Hooray. (No making that face, Ruth.) Make your reservations now.