Sunday, November 18, 2007

Ten Songs I Never Want to Hear Again

Lately, I've been hearing songs (mostly at the gym) that are so horrible or over exposed that I want to scream. As you may know, they also get stuck in my head. Really ugly.
Here are ten songs I really want go the rest of my life without hearing again:

1. Celebrate..... Kool and the Gang
2. You Light Up My Life..... Debbie Boone
3. The (mother @#$!#*&!) Macarena..... Los Del Rio
4. All Night Long.... Lionel Richie
5. Candle in the Wind ..... Elton John
6. Any Michael Jackson song where is says "shamon" or whatever the hell he's saying
7. Red Red Wine..... UB40
8. Achy Breaky Heart ..... Billy Ray Cyrus
9. We Built This City on Rock and Roll..... Jefferson Starship
10. Evergreen ..... Barbra Streisand

Hmmm. I think I'm going to tag some folks here, though I warn you that if I see anything by Stevie Nicks on your lists, I'll be a little hurt. Tag to: Ben Bob, Melinda June, MNMom, Kirelimel, and how about that crafty Madame Leiderhosen. I'm also tagging ScottJ, even though his blog is political and maybe just a bit too high brow to mention Muskrat Love or some other horror.

7 comments:

Mnmom said...

Ok, I'm tagged. What a thrill. I went grocery shopping tonight and now I know I'm old . . . they are playing some catchy tunes at Cub Foods! I sing along . . . out loud.

Kireliols said...

I made my list, checked it twice and now you can find out what I don't think is nice!

Kireliols said...

And by the way- I agree with every song you listed- Bravo!!

Madame Leiderhosen said...

Joy! I've been tagged! You've beat me to Achy Breaky...ew. Nausea inducing.

michaelg said...

ML- Achy Breaky should just be a freebie, like any song sung by a person with a mullet.

Madame Leiderhosen said...

Cat's Pajamas! I'm done! My List

Scott J. said...

You asked for it!

I feel dirty now...