Sunday, March 1, 2009

Despite Rumors To The Contrary...


...I am easily pleased and amused. All you have to do is put me in front of pretty things or cute baby animals and I'm happy, happy, happy. In between Curt's volleyball matches, I've been trotting off to various attractions around St. Louis. Yesterday, I took in the orchid show at the Missouri Botanical Gardens and got lots of pretty pictures including the one above. I love flowers. Pretty.
Today, I ran across the highway to the zoo. Not much was on display unfortunately. However, I did get to see Emperor Penguins up close. Very pretty. Best of all, I got to see a baby ring tailed lemur clinging to it's mother. That was it. I could have been shit on and run over by a truck and still have been happy for the rest of the day. Monkeys are sweet. Baby monkeys are even sweeter and last the whole day.

4 comments:

Little Sister said...

MG-the photo is beautiful. Did you take it? When you called yesterday I had no idea you were in St. Louis. I guess it has been a while since I read blogs....

Mnmom said...

That is lovely! Think Spring!
Are you going to the Home and Garden show at the Conv. Center this weekend?

michaelg said...

I did take the photo. I love the closeups.
Yes, we're going Saturday night. Wish to join us?

Mnmom said...

Look what I found!
Mahnomin Porridge
Ingredients
Recipes Home
Make Printer Friendly
4 cups cooked wild rice

¼ cup pure maple syrup

¼ cup dried blueberries

¼ cup craisins

½ cup roasted, cracked hazelnuts

1 cup heavy cream



Preparation
In a heavy non-stick sautee pan, add the cooked wild rice, heavy cream, and maple syrup, and warm through.

Add the blueberries, craisins, and hazelnuts, and stir to mix well.

Serve in a bowl with sides of warm heavy cream and maple syrup.


Courtesy of: Hell's Kitchen