Today is our dog Louis's 11th birthday! Not only did Curt bring home some special gravy, which they got after work today , he brought home some toys- a rubber hot dog and a big rubber donut with pink frosting and sprinkles. Louis got the donut; Claire got the hot dog.
There are bunch of things that make Louis a great dog, all of which I'm going tell you about right now. Okay, I'll pick just a few:
- He's terribly cute. He can't help it.
- He's fluffy and soft.
- He's knows his obedience commands.
- He's still really speedy after all these years.
- He always lets us know what he wants. Playing hockey with his dish is a little annoying sometimes, but it sends a clear message.
- He's a champ at the beauty parlor.
- He lets us call him all kinds of silly names and responds to baby talk.
- He is a blue ribbon kisser.
- He doesn't hog the bed- at least my side of the bed.
- He adores us in a way that makes me feel completely humbled.
I hope we have many more happy birthdays together.