Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Crappy Work Week, or I Hate Having to Work With Others

Just as I predicted, this is not shaping up to be a fun week at work. This after a fabulous weekend in which we hosted our annual "Fall Fiesta". We had about 50 wonderful people over for drinks and a big spread, but more on the fun later. Let's talk about HELL ON EARTH! Could you hear the reverberations when I said that?

So, this is the sweetened condensed version of my previous rant:
Big Deliverable
Big Jerk (not me!)

Big irriation with BJ
Big Shiteous Headache
Big stress.
Big deliverable delivered to boss within minutes of deadline.

Done for now.
Off to Seattle on Saturday.


You know the old job interview answer cliche- "I like to work with people"? I've interviewed a bunch of people, including one this week who said the above. If someone says it and is lying, I can spot them at a thousand yards. I, personally, would never say that in a job interview, not only becuase it is cliche, but because I really don't like to work with people all that much. I have learned to work cheerily with and as part of a team over the years, but much prefer to get projects and deliver, deliver, deliver.

24 years and counting to retirement. Ah.

1 comment:

Mnmom said...

How 'bout I come up there and bitch-slap him for giving my dear friend a shiteous headache?? Lovely adjective, that shiteous, can't wait to use it in a sentence.