1. I am Ruth-less. My friend Ruthie, of farting fame, and her son moved from Decorah to Illinois to live with her fiance and his two boys. I've known Ruthie since I was four. She is a rock- one of the strongest women I know, has a killer sense of humor, always lands on her feet, does everything with a signature ferocity, but always out of love, and has been a great friend all these years. I'm going to miss her a lot on my trips back to Decorah.
2. I've been vascilating between anger, joy and maudlin weepiness for the past three days. At least there is some joy in there. The weepiness is good, too. At least I think I'm feeling things that I thought the ongoing family drama had erased.
3. Our dog Claire refuses to learn anything because she knows we're not going to stop feeding her or loving her. She is a clever thing.
4. I took a walk with my employee C around Lake Harriet tonight. She's nifty. We like her.
5. Only 3 more work days until we leave for Leech Lake for a 5 day weekend. Woo hoo!