Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yum

So, I had already poured myself a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries when I discovered we were out of milk. Desperate for my cereal, I considered the options:

1. Put it back in the box. No.
2. Eat it dry. Yuck and no.
3. Use some watered down heavy whipping cream that expired two weeks ago, but eerily doesn't smell bad yet. Too risky. No.
4. Mix the cereal with a mound of non-fat whipped cream from a can. YES!

I was a little freaked out at first because it was so delicious. But, I quickly realized why it was delicious- it is a Lutheran salad and I invented it! Lutherans have Snickers Salad, Popcorn Salad and Oreo Salad. Now we have HBO Salad (Honey Bunches of Oats Salad).

Are you SURE you want me to come to your next potluck???

4 comments:

Kireliols said...

tasty tasty. You are a culinary genius.

Madame Leiderhosen said...

Oooooh, yes. Genius. I'll even loan you the Tupperware.

Kireliols said...

Challenge...what can you do with cream of mushroom soup?

Mnmom said...

You nailed it!! But forgot the mini marshmallows.