Friday, February 20, 2009

The Purge Part II

I have too much stuff. Way too much stuff. About a month ago, I purged the closets in the lower level of stuff that I've been storing for years and years. This weekend, I am going to embark on PURGE II, The Bloodier Sequel. This time, I'm going after things that I've had in plain sight in the upper level closets and drawers. I estimate that I have probably about 50 -60 t-shirts, but wear about 10 of them. I have loads of skinny clothes. If I lose weight I know that I'll want new skinny clothes. So, out they go! This is just the beginning. I am tired of my own self induced clutter. Done. Listo. Finito. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

themom said...

I know how hard that is. I need my son to be here when I go through closets. He just grabs and tosses - I come up with 50 reasons why I need to keep it! Rots of ruck!

Mnmom said...

I do the rule of 1/3. 1/3 of everything MUST GO. Then I added a new rule that if something new comes in, something old has to go. It often keeps me from buying anything. Well, that and the fact that I'm broke!
Did John call you?

Amy said...

If you have not worn it our used it in the last year, pitch it. When you are finished will you come to my house?

brenda k said...

I did this too. Last winter was the unseen. THis year was the seen! I actually can fit everything I wear in one dresser and half the closet. I had crap stacked up all over the place before. Scary. It is quite liberating!!