Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kids These Days

So, in a not so lovely McMansion filled suburb called Eden Prairie, MN, a group of high school students were suspended from playing sports and other extracurricular activities after school officials came across pictures of the students on FaceBook depicting them in various stages of drunk. Today, some of them staged a walk out in protest of the "extreme" actions of the school officials. Here is the picture that accompanied the article.

The students are going crazy saying the school invaded their privacy and that the consequences are just too severe. Some genius parents are also defending the students. This has been going on for a few days now- long enough for the public comments section related to this article to get really interesting. Here is a post from EP Student, possibly the blue tongued gentleman in the photo above:

January 9th, 2008 at 12:05 pm
I think this is total waste of time. I think they should let us do whatever we want, we are the future of this country and should be able to have fun before we run things. I keep a bottle of vodka in my locker so I can party it up all the time. The teachers should spend less time worried about what we do and more about how they aren’t getting any at home.

Okay, kids. How STUPID are you to post pictures of yourself boozing it up underage on the INTERNET, then call it an invasion of PRIVACY when you get caught. And, what about the damn parents already? Too much to say there.

Oh, and, KILL ME before EP Student starts to "run things." Apparently, since George Bush got to be president with this precise attitude and behavior, all children should follow his lead?

5 comments:

Mnmom said...

I'm with you Michael. Those kids were drinking underage and stupid enough to let friends take photographic evidence and post it on the internet. They knew the rules going in. This is NOT an invasion of privacy. If these were my kids, I'm be handing down a very serious grounding on top of the athletic suspension. When I was in high school I went to every single party, but never took a drink. I KNEW they'd kick me out of activities and I didn't want to risk that. College was another story altogether.

So the EP student quoted wants to stay high on vodka AND run the world? When's the next flight to Mars?

Kireliols said...

Thanks for the link- I've now wasted so much time reading and reading these responses that I may be late for my job at school, molding the future of America. I think I'M the real victim here!

Mnmom said...

MG, your adsense ads are cracking me up. When are you getting back? I can't survive another day without your blogging wit.

Mnmom said...

MG - you MUST get home and blog to remove that wicked rapture ad.

Mnmom said...

Michael!!!!
Where are you!!??!?!?!

ARRRGGGHHH!!!!

PS - I know you're on vacation but we NEED you here!!!