Friday, December 14, 2007

Home is Good

Curt had just gone to bed when I got home last night, so I stopped in and gave him a quick kiss before unwinding a bit. He had told me over the phone yesterday that Louis, our poodle, was showing some signs of missing me that always appear when I've been gone a few days. So, after Louie got over his shock and disbelief at seeing me again, I spent some time with him on my lap loving him up. Claire, our cocker-king charles mix, was happy to see me too. However, for her, I think she associates me with treats. She's a very food motivated gal. I loved on her a little bit too before heading off to bed.
Our bed is an odd looking thing in the winter. Curt starts off with just a flannel sheet, then adds our thin down blanket during the night, then takes it off later. My half of the bed is a different story- flannel sheet, down blanket, thick comforter and a double fleece throw. After 5 nights in a good bed, but not my own, it was like a dream to crawl into our nest. Louis jumped into bed, crawled under the blankets, plastered himself up next to me and we were off to sleep. Aaaaah, home.

2 comments:

Mnmom said...

Lately I've been sleeping in long underwear, wool socks, leather slippers, a nightgown, and a hooded sweatshirt with the hood up and I'm STILL COLD. Must be getting old. I want a heated mattress pad for Christmas. Santa, are you reading M's blog????

Madame Leiderhosen said...

Oi! Michael! Please email me your address (*coldfriday@gmail.com*) I've got fresh batch of caramels with your name on it! -Cheers, Darling.
Madame L.