My employee C and I went for lunch today at Midori's Floating World. I love Midori. Though she can sometimes be a little Zen about her rolling, which makes me a little impatient and really hungry, she makes some of the best rolls in town. The Number 9 roll is to die for- tempura shrimp, avocado and salmon. Yummy. And, now that we've discovered the saucy flower Ian, our lovely waiter (see picture), the trip to Midori's is even more lovely. I suspect he too will enjoy seeing mention of himself in the old blog. So, here are some reasons that saucy flower Ian is a great waiter:
1. He brings us warm towels even though Midori doesn't like to do that for the lunch crowd.
2. He is timely with the hot water for tea.
3. He takes no guff. For instance, today we complained that it was cold in the restaurant. He said that was because it is really cold outside. No nonsense. This is good.
4. He offered to rub our feet when we complained that our feet were cold. He didn't mean it, but it was a nice gesture anyway.
5. He gave us a big huge serving of green tea ice cream to share.
6. He traded in our red mints for green mints, and gave me an extra one for the road because my birthday was two weeks ago. (Don't get the impression we're high maintenance or anything.)
C bought lunch today . I didn't see the tip she gave him but I hope it was adequate to make up for our bellyaching about the cold. We're going back on Friday to send off a co-worker, but sadly the saucy flower won't be there.