Monday, February 25, 2008

Look What I Dug Up

I just came across a folder full of old photo booth pictures from during and a few years after college. I LOVED photo booths.

In January 1990, I had just broken up with a boyfriend and was feeling quite low. Instead of sitting on my bum, moping around, I decided to invite a group of friends over to help me celebrate my 24th birthday. I could have been bitter and focused on my break up, but I decided to focus on makeup. The theme of the party was Making Up Is Hard to Do. So to create my low budget invites, I hopped into a photo booth at Calhoun Square with some makeup and Lee press-on nails and produced these. Frightening, no?

3 comments:

Mnmom said...

I'm ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille!
MG, you're beautiful

Kireliols said...

I LOVE the photos.

Cheesecake Maven said...

OH MY! The last photo reminds me a bit of Betty Davis, a much much prettier Betty Davis though, in What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? I think its the eyebrows and the apple red cheeks. I still love photo booths!