Today, my employee C and I went to lunch at Rainbow- a pretty good Chinese joint in south Minneapolis. C loves seeing mention of herself on my blog, so she won't mind if I tell you what we talked about over lunch:
1. A lumpectomy she had at age 19 and the appearance of the fibrous tumor the size of a golfball that the doctor removed.
2. Embarrassing medical exams
3. Having a girlfriend's husband as the anaesthesiologist during a hoo-hoo surgery
5. Removing six feet of gauze from her brother's post surgical cyst on his tailbone
6. Squeezing sebaceous cysts
7. Poop snakes at the Fairmont mall
All this while eating. C is very well educated, highly articulate, wildly talented, and well read. But, there's something about leaving the stress of office behind that apparently brings out the disgusting side in both of us. I knew the potential for this was there before I hired her. It wasn't why I hired her, but it didn't hurt.