Monday, September 22, 2008

A Perfect Sunday

The weather here has been gorgeous the last week or so and yesterday was no exception. The day started at a cool 55 degrees, but perfect to go the farmer's market early. There I ran into my friends Donald & Mark who I just don't get to see enough. I found some late season rhubarb (YES!), some delicious bushel boy tomatoes and two bouquets that had the most amazing dahlias I've seen all season, all while sucking down one big cup of coffee and going back for a refill on my way out. Fabulous.

Around noon, MNMom and youngest offspring L showed up for an afternoon of fun. We started out at the Edina Grill for lunch, then headed over to the lakes for some fun. We ended up in the Lakewood Cemetery mausoleum after a failed attempt to see the memorial chapel there. The mausoleum was a little odd and we stumbled upon what appeared to be a wall of Margarets. Cool. This is the memorial chapel, by the way. The images are all done in 1/4" tiles. Astounding.

While driving around we also saw this fabulous bumper sticker. I'm mean, really, who else could Cheney choose as his running mate if he were to run? Really. A little later, MNMom, offspring L and I hopped into a canoe and paddled from Lake Calhoun to Lake of the Isles and Cedar Lake and back. It was marvelously relaxing and despite what MNMom says, my squealing like a girl was just barely audible. Just barely. Here I must say what a delightful little thing young L has grown into. For being only 9 years old, she was the perfect companion for the day- conversational, funny and cute as a bugs ear, and she didn't wiggle around in the canoe much- which would have caused some mighty squealing.

After canoeing we set off for some Sebastian Joe's ice cream, followed by a trip to Trader Joe's, then back home where we sent the ladies on their way. The perfect day.

1 comment:

Mnmom said...

It WAS wonderful, and OK your squealing was whisper quiet.