Thursday, September 11, 2008

We're Having A Heat Wave...

Today at work I sat in a meeting with my pal A, a woman in her early 60's, directly behind our co-worker B, a woman in her early 50's. Without much warning, B's sits up and takes off her blouse. Mind you she had on a sort of spaghetti string camisole or t-shirt thing, but her bra straps were hanging out over her shoulders and across her back. It wasn't a good look for anyone. Just as quickly as she removed her blouse, B was fanning herself quite vigorously. A then leans over to me with and announces "HOT FLASH!" with a big smirk on her face. B didn't hear her through all the red skin, sweat and fanning. All I could think to myself was thank god I don't have to deal with:
  1. Bleeding every month for 30-40 years
  2. Going through menopause which might cause me to disrobe in public (everyone is happy for me in this regard)
I know women don't have any choice in the matter, but damn, I don't think I could do it.

2 comments:

Mnmom said...

It's miserable. But you learn to wear smart shells under that jacket that STILL hide your bra straps. I keep a cute little pink paper fan in my purse.

Cheesecake Maven said...

Often during breakfast time with my kids, I have to go out on the deck just to cool off. Meanwhile, they are all "freezing" in the kitchen because I have all the windows open and the house fan on just to keep it comfortable. Yeah, it stinks.