2. Because of #1, my upper left eyelid has been twitching all day. It is visible to
3. Yesterday at 4:00 p.m. we stepped out of the house to find my car covered in ice. Freezing rain. Instead of canceling plans to pick up our friend Marina and go to the casino, we scraped the ice off the car and set out in the freezing rain. Dumb. No accidents, not even close, but dumb, dumb dumb. I did leave the casino up slightly. Nice.
4. I have been entering genealogical data- 500 persons so far- into the latest version of Family Tree Maker and have been able to find source data for about half the records. My thought has been to get the Larson family history (my paternal grandma) updated to the present day. The most recent history goes to 1972, so I'm only about two generations behind. Is it worth it? Hmmm. Lots of work. Hmmmm. Still pondering. Does anyone my age in the family care about this?
5. #4 is what I woke up thinking about at 4:00 a.m. I was a little haunted before going to bed by a story about a distant relative who lost several small children to diphtheria and buried them two at a time in the same casket. Note to self: no "light" reading just before bed time while your empathy is turned on.
6. As it relates to #4 above, it seems that I am somehow related to just about everyone I know from my hometown in one way or another. It is fortunate that I'm gay because it lessens the chance that a pinhead baby with the banjo gene will come forward from my breeding efforts. Whew.
7. For weeks, have been alternately craving hot & sour soup and/or rommegrot. For the uninitiated, rommegrot consists of cooked cream, flour, butter and sugar- a fabulous Norwegian comfort food- at least now. In the old days it was a subsistence type meal and you didn't get the sugar. I've been choosing hot & sour soup only because there is not a restaurant in sight that has rommegrot. This is better for my arteries, I know, but rommegrot is damn tasty. Damn tasty.
8. Sunday seems to be crock pot dinner day at our house. Last week, made Iowa cut pork chops with veggies, the week before chicken chili (yum). This week, beef stew. I even have a loaf of sourdough rising right now. I'm not going to lie and tell you that I kneaded it myself. I let the bread maker do that. I hear the collective *gasp!* from the bread purists. No shame. I accept no shame for this. Raspberry to you.
9. The Minnesota Vikings are in their first playoff game in 8 years at 3:30 today. The best we can hope for is that they don't suck. But, they do kind of suck, so we can hope they don't suck as much at least.
10. I am on the Facebook now. I don't get it, but I do get to see randomness posted by others. Is that the point?